Did you know, cycling is the official state exercise of Illinois? May is National Bike Month. Established in 1956, National Bike Month is a chance to showcase the many benefits of bicycling — and encourage more folks to giving biking a try. Fortunately, in Illinois, we have tremendous bike paths—many near the 20th District!
Find paths below:
- Cook County Bike Paths – Illinois Department of Transportation
- North Branch Bicycle Trail – Caldwell & Devon to the Chicago Botanic Garden
- Fullersburg Woods Forest Preserve – Oak Brook
- Chicago Lakefront Trail – Foster Avenue to 31st beach.
- The 606 – Humboldt Park, Wicker Park, Logan Square, Bucktown
- Green Bay Trail – Wilmette to Highland Park
- Statewide Biking Opportunities– Illinois Department of Natural Resources