According to the U.S. Air Quality Index, Chicago’s outdoor air quality today is “Unhealthy” due to wildfire smoke blowing in from Canada.
We are alerting families about this issue and we are encouraging everyone to follow these recommendations from the U.S. Air Quality Index today:
People with heart or lung disease, older adults, children and teens – take any of these steps to reduce your exposure:
- Avoid strenuous outdoor activities.
- Keep outdoor activities short.
- Consider moving physical activities indoors or rescheduling them.
Everyone else – take any of these steps to reduce your exposure:
- Choose less strenuous activities (like walking instead of running) so you don’t breathe as hard.
- Shorten the amount of time you are active outdoors.
- Be active outdoors when air quality is better.