The CTA’s 2023 Holiday Food Program is accepting requests from non-for-profit organizations that serve the homeless community and/or low-income individuals.
All organizations interested in being considered to receive a donation of holiday food boxes must email a formal request by August 22, 2023.
Requests should include the following information:
- Request should be written on the organization’s letterhead and sent via email to CTA Community Liaison Maria-Teresa Roman at email@example.com
- Request must state their organization’s mission statement, who do they serve, how and why
- Indicate why the organization would benefit if selected to receive a donation of holiday food baskets
- Provide the name/title/office and cell phone number of the organization’s staff person that will be CTA’s contact person
- State their agreement that a staff member will meet CTA staff at their assigned delivery/location time.
The CTA’s holiday food donation will include non-perishable ingredients for a traditional American holiday meal to serve six servings (as indicated by the FDA). These items are purchased with the generosity of funds donated by CTA staff. Based on the funds collected will determine the number of holiday food boxes the CTA Holiday Food Train Program will be able to donate this year.
Please note that submitting a request does not guarantee selection.
All organizations selected to receive a donation will be notified by November 2nd.
If you have any questions or need any further information, please reach out to CTA’s Government and Community Relations Department at GCR@transitchicago.com.